Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Once Upon A Time

This was my favorite short story in this section. The story was very ironic because the family was so focused on preventing people from breaking into their house, they did not think about the effects it would have on the family. The little boy ends up getting caught in the jagged metal coils the family had installed to prevent anyone from breaking in. He got the idea of breaking through the wire coils from his book of fairy tails given to him by his grandmother. She was the one who told them to protect their house from burglars. In the beginning of the story, the narrator hears a creaking noise and automatically thinks someone is breaking in. I cannot say how many times I have heard a noise and thought someone was breaking in. I am glad I have a cat because I blame all mysterious noises on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment