Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Great Gatsby-Characters

" 'They're a rotten crowd,' I shouted across the lawn. 'You're worth the whole damn bunch put together.' I've always been glad I said that. It was the only compliment I ever gave him, because I disapproved of him from beginning to end." I really liked Nick Carraway. I think I liked him a lot because of this line. He spends most of his time with people like Tom and Daisy, but he realizes they are not the best people. He was also genuinely kind to Gatsby. He did not talk to Gatsby because he wanted anything. He was one of the few people who actually took the time to find out past events in Gatsby's life. He actually knew the truth about him and how he was James Gatz before he was Jay Gatsby. Nick seemed genuine and honest and as a result, Daisy and Tom were portrayed as shallow and fake. The Great Gatsby has become one of my favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment