Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Great Gatsby-Disgusting Daisy

"I tried to think about Gatsby then for a moment, but he was already too far away, and I could only remember, without resentment, that Daisy hadn't sent a message or a flower" (pg 174). Up to the point of Daisy and Tom's fight about Gatsby, I kind of liked Daisy. She was shallow and selfish at times, but she never did anything drastic to make me hate her. When Gatsby was shot, I was disgusted that Daisy never sent any message or flowers for her funeral. Even though she stated through her actions she was not going to leave Tom and marry Gatsby, she should have at least sent flowers. I felt so sorry for Gatsby because no one comes to his funeral. He tried to relive the past and he failed. He expected Daisy to still love him, but she did not. She loved money and would not wait for him. I do not think she ever loved him because she was so selfish. If she truly loved him, she would have married him when he was poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment