Thursday, January 27, 2011

Question 2

The play, Othello, is a tragedy. The main character Othello dies as well as Desdemona, Emilia, and Roderigo as a result of Iago's evil plan. It is important for the audience to know that the play is a tragedy. Because I knew it was a tragedy, I understood the plot better and I could understand why certain events occurred. I knew that Desdemona would die because Iago persuaded Othello to kill her because Iago hated him. Because I knew it was a tragedy, I knew that a few characters would die. I expected it to happen and I could mentally prepare and try to figure out each motive, reason, or cause of the character's death. If I did not know the play was a tragedy, I would not have paid as close attention to Iago's reactions to certain characters or his true feelings about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment