Friday, August 13, 2010

Between the lines

When I finished the book my second thought was, "Why did I have to read that book. It was nothing like The Things They Carried." My first thought, "It is finally over!" After I finished reading I talked to my mom and told her the reading seemed pointless. The books were nothing alike. She suggested maybe they were not supposed to be alike. There were some similarities if I dug deep enough. I guess it is not one of those books that is just about the story. The feelings and emotions are in the story but not clearly written. The main characters are both suffering because of the war. Jake would not have met Brett if not for the war. He could have found another person to love and he might have been happy. Brett might not have a drinking problem.

1 comment: