Friday, August 13, 2010

Simile

I just recently counted my literary terms entries and found I had forgotten to do one! Sorry simile, nothing against you. "I slept like a log" (page 105). Jake says this because Robert asked him how he slept. I really liked this line because I have heard so many people say it. It is a saying that almost everybody has probably said in their life. I did like that about this book. There were many lines in the book that seemed realistic. The lines were not too overdone, nor were they too simple. There were times when a character would respond with a terse one syllable word but at other times characters would ramble on about their personal opinions. That is how real people talk. The conversation moves back and forth and the amount of words spoken varies.

1 comment: