Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Not in the plan

"In June of 1968, a month after graduating from Macalester College, I was drafted to fight a war I hated" (page 40). I often like to imagine what my future life will be like. Becoming a Senior is exciting and I keep thinking that this will be my last year in high school. I will go to college and declare a major. Once I finish college, I will get a job. Then maybe I will get married and raise a family. This was probably the thought process of most people before they were drafted in the war. Some people may not have planned on going to college but once they were out of high school, they would have a job. A war was not in the plan. They had to postpone their hopes and dreams to fight a war they may not have believed in. I cannot imagine going to college, graduating, and then going to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment