Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Things I Carried

When I read this book, I carried a pen, a highlighter, and an analytical brain. I carried the soldier's fear and anxiety. I carried their pain and sorrow. I carried their jokes and laughter. I carried their friendship. I really enjoyed reading the book. I was so enthralled with the settings and the characters. I know I have said this a lot but it felt real. I normally do not read books about modern wars. I thought this book was going to be boring and I was going to hate it because of all the homework that went with it. I loved the book and I would definitely recommend the book for anyone who can appreciate good writing and a good story. I have never been in a war but "story-truth is truer sometimes than happening-truth", so I guess I can say I have been in a war.

2 comments:

  1. ...first let me say that was a very creative way of putting it =)...i liked this book too and i'm also not usually a fan of war books but this one was really good

    ReplyDelete